Freshly squeezed lemon juice
Lavender Essential Oil
Patchouli Essential Oil
Ginger Essential Oil
Ti Tree Essential Oil (optional)
100ml bottle with cap
- Fill the container (I used a flip top jar) up to its neck with sugar.
- Add the grapeseed oil slowly and stir. I used a toothpick to stir as this was the only thing small enough to go through the opening in my container. Feel free to use anything you want. Let it settle.
- Now add around two teaspoons of FRESH (not the bottled kind) lemon juice and stir again. Do not add any more than this as this will dissolve the sugar and make this mixture messy and tacky and sticky... we don't want that!
- Add around five to seven drops of the listed essential oils. Stir again.
- Should there be some space left, you can top off with just a little more sugar and oil, but do not fill past the container's neck line.
- Stir again.
- Close the lid and store "in a cool, dry place" (Some lids may be leaky so placing it under the shower will do exactly what we are trying to stop the lemon juice from doing...)
Before you wet any areas to be scrubbed, take a finger full (around 3/4 of a teaspoon full) and rub it together in your hands. Now smear it all over the area to be scrubbed. Add more if necessary. Rub firmly and slowly, like you are massaging the area, for a few seconds. Rinse with warm water.
I usually don't wash the excess oil off since it tends to get absorbed into the skin within an hour anyway. It defies the purpose in any case, since the oil is meant to moisturise, while soap tends to break down the oil and leave your skin dry... maybe even DRIER than before!
Have a Great Dane, y'all!